Acupuncture Beneficial for Pain & Stress
July 23, 2022
Expert therapists have recorded acupuncture sites throughout the body. Sometimes, the correct locations may be far from where you are experiencing discomfort. Your therapist will map out the suitable areas for the treatment. The therapy includes lying on a cushioned surface and:
- Insertion: Needles are inserted at different depths at crucial locations on your body to provide acupuncture. Since the needles are thin, the insertion is painless. It takes 5 to 20 pricks in one session, although people seldom feel them. Sometimes, you may experience slight pain when a needle is at the correct depth.
- Manipulation: Your practitioner may reposition or twirl needles or use heat or modest electrical pulses after positioning.
- Removal: The needles stay in place for 10 to 15 minutes while you rest. Finally, the therapist takes them out carefully, without the patient noticing any pain.
- Stimulation: Acupuncture boosts serotonin, dopamine, and endorphin levels, creating a patient feel uplifted. As a result, it may relieve pain and tension, making you feel energetic and calm after only one treatment.
- Pain relief: Acupuncture may assist with nausea, stomach distress, sleep disorders, fertility, women’s health, and migraines. While many individuals are hesitant to employ acupuncture for these concerns, the therapy may frequently deliver relief, if not total remission.
- Chemical-free: This East Asian medicine uses natural treatment to cure energy body imbalances. Eventually, there are no chemicals or drugs involved. The U.S. norm is to use disposable sterilized needles. With sterile needles, there’s no chance of infection.
- Professionally done: Practicing acupuncture requires 3 to 4 years of graduate training. Licensed acupuncturists in the U.S. must pass a national test. In this way, it ensures that acupuncture patients get the best possible treatment.
- Anxiety relief: As a result of increased blood flow, strained muscles are relieved, and the patient feels more at peace. This increased blood flow stimulates the brain region that governs emotions and encourages the nervous system to create painkilling chemicals. Consequently, stress level reduces, sleep improves, and fatigue vanishes.
*This media/content or any other on this website does not prescribe, recommend, or prevent any treatment or procedure. Therefore, we highly recommend that you get the advice of a qualified dentist or other medical practitioners regarding your specific dental condition*